Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quick check-in

I have returned from a week-long excursion to the south and the Sahara and am getting back into the swing of things with my family and the students and professors at SIT. I've been out of contact with the world beyond our bus, our camels, and our four-wheel drive cars for a a good while so it's hard to know what to say just now. I think I'll type up an entry at home and post tomorrow.

I am doing quite well besides an allergic reaction to some henna (called harkus here) on my right hand and some gut issues that I think has been resolved thanks to the miracle drug - Cipro. Enough on that...

Also, I've just arranged this afternoon to start violin lessons (in Ma'luf) this Saturday at the music conservatory in Sidi Bou Said right down the street from the SIT office and a 20 minute bus ride from my house in La Marsa.

More on music and my reflections from my southern excursion soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Cipro, you wonderful stopper of diarrhea. Glad you haven't had any major health issues! I'm so enjoying this blog, my dear.

    Stay safe and healthy! Lots of love.
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete