Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just a few more pictures















Leblebi (as described in a previous entry). Perfect for a cold, rainy day.















A camel we discovered right near the beach. His legs are tried loosely so he can't get too far. We figured this started because tying a camel to anything in the desert would prove tricky.















The view from the beach at La Marsa. It's really a bummer that I don't live within walking distance. Still, it's a buck's taxi ride from my door... I can't wait till its warm out! The day I took this picture was reasonably warm, but still sweater and scarf weather.















A colorful scene down the road from my house.















Another view from La Marsa near to Cafe Journal, a very posh spot for amazing hot chocolate (and many other tasty things). Down the street from here is the weekly second-hand clothes souk (market) every Sunday.













The view outside of my window at home. That is neighbor's car outside and the park to the left.















The park / open space behind the glass-covered wall behind my house. I think this area is for lower-income families (though this is simply observation). The kids, chickens, and sheep run around together in the broken tiles, mud, and general trash. Also, as you can see, it's also a popular place to hang wet laundry out to dry. We have a rack in my house instead . It's strangely satisfying to hang wet laundry.

...more pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment