Sunday, May 31, 2009

A dream about Tunis

I had a long and very exciting dream last night that I had been invited to return to Tunisia for another two weeks. I'd only been home for a few days but my family (here) and I figured it was a great idea. Something like half of the SIT group had decided to stay in Tunis as well and had gotten some great deal renting out an entire apartment building with a big kitchen. I was initially thinking (in this dream) that it would cost a fortune to go back especially since I have just flown home, but the prospect of free housing and food for two weeks seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up. Well, I ended up going and my Mom there was so happy to see me again! I was all stressed out when I arrived though because I hadn't arranged for a flight to get home ever. She reassured me though, and told me we'd worry about it "fi'l spe'h," "in the morning, in the morning" she kept telling me.

Believe it or not, this morning was the first time I woke up sure that there was Arabic spoken in my dream. For whatever reason, the phrase I've got on loop in my head right now and for the past few days is 'ki met heb," something my Mom said at least a dozen times a day, "as you like."

Well, it is beautiful outside today in Storrs, Connecticut and I am enjoying our screen porch and working diligently on my honors proposal for school. It makes me excited just thinking about Tunisian music and Tunisian musicians again.

Well, n'harik zine (have a good day!) and in'shallah lebes (I hope God wills you are well).

No comments:

Post a Comment